It's been 7 years since the day that will forever be in our thoughts.
At least 2,985 people died in the September 11th attacks
There were 266 people on the four planes
There were 2,595 people in the World Trade Center and near it, including:
- 343 NYFD firefighters and paramedics
- 23 NYPD police officers
- 37 Port Authority police officers
- 1,402 people in Tower 1
- 614 people in Tower 2
- 658 people at one company, Cantor Fitzgerald
- 1,762 New York residents
- 674 New Jersey residents
- 1 NYFD firefighter killed by a man jumping off the top floors of the twin towers
- 327 foreign nationals also perished.
There were 125 civilians and military personnel at the Pentagon.
1,609 people lost a spouse or partner on 9/11. More than 3,051 children lost parents.
Let us never forget the victims and hold their families in our hearts.
I lit 2 candles. 1 for the Victims and 1 for their families.
Join me by lighting candles, too. When asked to 'associate your candle with a candle group, or to start a new group, enter a group initial, otherwise, leave blank', please put 9/11.
Here is the link to Light a Candle.